In this post we are going to explore some of the fulfillment restrictions online merchants face while using Amazon’s services. Specifically FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon. Fulfillment restrictions affecting professional online merchants that experience issues with FBA will learn more about what to expect. To be sure, there are many fulfillment and storage restrictions, requirements and limitations. However, some of these issues may be symptomatic of either COVID-19 or a holiday season rush.
Most My Fulfillment Company (MFC) customers are selling on Amazon and using FBA. Many of those clients also rely on MFC to coordinate and manage replenishment needs.
What is FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon)?
Amazon FBA, or Fulfillment by Amazon, is a service in which the online retail giants allow sellers, doing business in the Amazon marketplace, to access and use Amazon’s logistics operation for fulfillment and shipping. However, marketplace sellers, looking to take advantage of Amazon Prime shipping perks, along with Amazon’s customer service resources have been sending mixed reviews.
What are 3PL Service Providers?
Online sellers who look for alternative fulfillment and inventory resources often search for 3PL services providers, like My Fulfillment Company. Third Party Logistic (3PL) companies are important options for sellers in need of integrating receiving, warehousing, packaging and shipping services.
Due to recent COVID-19 regulations, which placed restriction on what brands and independent sellers can send to Amazon warehouses, independent 3PL providers have become increasingly more important.
Examples of Federal restrictions that could affect Fulfillment by Amazon exist to make room for toilet paper, hand sanitizer and other items in high demand during the global viral pandemic. Many non-essential items like iPhone and personal computing accessories or clothing were not allowed.
- Fulfillment Restrictions, Requirements and Limitations
- Fulfillment by Amazon requirements for the conditions in which products should be received.
- Amazon Fulfillment requirements for manufacturer barcode, “Amazon barcode” and label service
- Restrictions for sending inventory and specific product categories that require specialized prep.
- Requirements for printing and applying shipment labels.
- Limitations for small parcel classified as either less than a truckload or full truckload deliveries.
- Fulfillment by Amazon limitations on how much inventory to send to a fulfillment center and whether or not “inventory storage limits” are applicable.
- Fulfillment by Amazon requirements about how to provide box content information for shipping.
For more information about how My Fulfillment Company helps with relinquishing inventory management and order fulfillment needs click here. Until then, try reading another interesting post about Amazon Fulfillment.